Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Guest Post - Orange Rolls

I have tons of awesome friends that I love. But I also have my BFF who fortunately for her has a wonderful Military hubby who has a fab job that allows her to be a stay at home mom. Unfortunately for me this means that said hubby's particular employment will ensure that BFF and I will be skyping if we wanna hang out and see each other. But that's OK cause I'm hoping for a Christmas visit from BFF and her family this year. Her name is Lucy, well not really it's Tanya but we call each other Lucy. I may share that at later date so feel free to call her what you like. Here is a guest post from her.....

I stay tuned to Nancy's blog as I have always admired her creative talents. Being a BFF and all, I decided I would try to aspire to her level on the cooking front. Truth be told, I got a lot of help from my friend Rae Ann. Here is a guest post of one of my new favourite treats, Orange Rolls. Similar to cinnamon rolls but WAY better in my opinion.

Milk Bread for Cinnamon Buns or Orange Rolls:
4 Cups Flour + 3-4 Cups more
2 TBSP Instant Yeast
2 Cups Milk, Warmed to 105-115 Degrees F
10 TBSP Butter Melted
6 TBSP Sugar
2 Eggs (Optional - It will make it fluffier)
1 Tsp Salt
Add enough flour for moist but not sticky dough. Kneed 10 min. Cover, let rise until doubled (1 to 1 1/2 hours), punch down.
For Orange Rolls - 2 dozen
Divide dough in half. Roll each into a 12" x 16" rectangle. Spread with Orange Paste. Roll up the dough. Slice into Rolls. Place each roll in a lightl greased muffin tin. Let rise 45-60 min. Bake 15-20 min at 350f.
Orange Paste:
1 Cup Sugar
6TBSP Butter
1 Orange Rind Grated
Start by making the dough...as you can see the Bosch was fully capable to making dough for 6 dozen rolls.
We separated the dough into 6 even amounts and then you roll each amount of dough out flat in a rectangle about 12" x 16 "
Next you spread the orange "Paste" over the whole thing.
Then you carefully roll up the dough into a log shape.
You proceed to cut the log into about 12 pieces and place them in a muffin tin or on a baking sheet, cover and let rise for at least half an hour, bake and enjoy.

Signing off from Winnipeg, MB....Lucy (aka Tanya Kinner)

Don't they look delish! Alright Lucy here's the deal you make it out for Christmas and you show me personally how to make these bad boys! Not sure that we need to make 6 dozen thought 1 dozen should be enough.

7 comments:

  1. They look yummy!!! Where is the recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the part where the recipe was misplaced.....I was too excited to see all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come back Kathy and I'll post it here once I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look YUM! Can't wait to get the recipe! Question though...isn't she Kristi's cousin? I seem to remember Kristi doing a spotlight on her or something...and is she the one that did the recipe exchange on her blog? I clicked on her blog and she is looking familiar to me! :) Miss you Nancy! We need to do another girls lunch again! Maybe at the Olive Garden next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for "Lucy" to make them for me. She said she was gonna. And yep Beckey that's my cousin. Hence why I am spoiled and she is going to make me some! Um Nancy, maybe you should come visit us? Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to come visit, currently my savings account is at an all time low and my lawn (summer landscaping on the new house) is at an all time high...Never been to Winnipeg so that would be nice. However not going to happen during the winter months....brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, 1 dozen will never do! You obviously have no idea how amazing these taste!! Between your family and mine we have a total of 9 people and everyone will want at least 2. LOL
    I promise to get the recipe to you ASAP. I am working on 2 different options at the moment so I should have it soon. (She's so patient with me. LOL)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts