Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creating Memories

I think I was born with a hot glue gun in my hand and a knack to see a project through in my minds eye. As much as I love to create things for my kids it won't ever matter if I don't create memories in their minds that they will hold onto long after they are grown and are parents to their own children. Last Friday Coconuts school had a field trip skating at the Canada Games Oval in Downtown Halifax. This also happened to be my birthday. Thank you HC for giving me the day off to spend it with my sweet daughter who is learning how to skate and really needed her mothers hand to hold. I've really been noticing lately how quickly time goes by. My sweet mother in law always reminds me of how quickly raising children passes and to treasure these times because it will soon feel like it never happened.
My day was spent in tight skates while my feet were screaming at me to let them loose, but the pain was worth every second on the ice with this sweet girl watching her putting her full effort into the task at hand. Watching her fall countless times and reaching for her hand to lift her up and encourage her onward!
Sissy Bunker I'm so proud of you and how well you did and thanks for being such a sweet little girl in my life. I'm so thankful I get to be your Mama and that we were able to have some special time just you and I.

What do you do to build lasting memories with those you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts