Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Monday, March 4, 2013

Made by Me Mondays - Repurposed Leather Makeup Pouches

I wanted to make as many of my Christmas presents last year as I could.  I saw a friend of mine making leather pouches, bags, laptop cases etc out of old leather jackets and other leather items.  I really wanted to try my hand at it as well.
I went to Frenchies, one of our local thrift shops, and started digging for leather items.  I found a black leather men's coat and started with that.  Then I hit up my friends for their old colored leather purses to add some pizazz to the make up pouches
I made these for two of my niece's that live close by, Bella and Duck.  I added some lip gloss and girly stuff to them.  I think they appreciate the handmade stuff as much as I do they are pretty crafty creatures themselves.

I love that this old nasty coat didn't end up in a landfill somewhere but has been given a second lease on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts